Janes Bean Dip
Although not a traditional looking cold chip dip, this recipe is always a hit. Don't let the sprouts on top scare you away, they add a delightful taste!
- 1 1/2 cups refried beans or 1- 16 oz can
- 4 to 8 dashes hot sauce more for a spicier dip, less for a milder dip
- 2 to 3 ripe avocados
- 1 tsp lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 to 3 T taco seasoning more for a spicier dip, less for a milder dip
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 bunches green onions diced
- 2 lg tomatoes, diced
- 1 - 4 oz can diced olives
- 1 to 2 lg whole jalepanos, diced remove seeds for less spice, add for more
- 1- 4 oz pkg alfalfa sprouts I like to chop with a scissors to make them easier to eat
Use a 9x13 pan for a dip with thick layers or a jelly roll pan for a dip with thin layers.
Combine refried beans and hot sauce. Spread evenly in the bottom of the pan.
Mash avocados until smooth. Add lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Carefully spread on top of beans.
Mix sour cream and taco seasoning. Carefully spread on top of avocados.
Evenly cover sour cream mixture with shredded cheese.
Top sour cream mixture with green onions, tomatoes, olives and jalapenos.
Spread sprouts over everything.
Chill dip for 24 hours before serving for best flavor.
Serve with chips and vegetables.