Janes Bean Dip
Although not a traditional looking cold chip dip, this recipe is always a hit. Don’t let the sprouts on top scare you away, they add a delightful taste!
- 1 1/2 cups refried beans or 1- 16 oz can
- 4 to 8 dashes hot sauce more for a spicier dip, less for a milder dip
- 2 to 3 ripe avocados
- 1 tsp lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 to 3 T taco seasoning more for a spicier dip, less for a milder dip
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 bunches green onions diced
- 2 lg tomatoes, diced
- 1 – 4 oz can diced olives
- 1 to 2 lg whole jalepanos, diced remove seeds for less spice, add for more
- 1- 4 oz pkg alfalfa sprouts I like to chop with a scissors to make them easier to eat
- Use a 9×13 pan for a dip with thick layers or a jelly roll pan for a dip with thin layers.
- Combine refried beans and hot sauce. Spread evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Mash avocados until smooth. Add lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Carefully spread on top of beans.
- Mix sour cream and taco seasoning. Carefully spread on top of avocados.
- Evenly cover sour cream mixture with shredded cheese.
- Top sour cream mixture with green onions, tomatoes, olives and jalapenos.
- Spread sprouts over everything.
- Chill dip for 24 hours before serving for best flavor.
- Serve with chips and vegetables.